I have again had two poems published in the Australian poetry zine Have your Chill, edited by Pete Spence. As usual, when Pete sends out his contributor copies, he includes a gift collage.
Saturday, 27 October 2018
Monday, 08 October 2018
New Coin is looking for a new editor to begin work in January 2019 (first issue: June 2019).
The editor should have a good sense of the range of genres and sub-cultures in South African poetry today, and be willing to engage constructively with new writing and writers.
The main responsibilities would be:
· selecting and compiling material for each issue
(two issues a year – typically 50 poets submit work to each issue)
· selecting cover art for each issue
· identifying and selecting new books to review, and finding knowledgeable reviewers
· corresponding with poets, notifying them of acceptances and rejections, as well as making constructive editorial suggestions
· appointing a judge for the annual DALRO Prize
· liaising with the designer of New Coin on production matters
· maintaining the New Coin page on Facebook
· promotion of New Coin
· liaison on administrative matters with the publisher – the Institute for the Study of English in Africa (ISEA) at Rhodes University in Grahamstown.
The editor can be based anywhere in South Africa. He or she will have the support of an editorial advisory board appointed by the ISEA. A small stipend is paid for the work.
If you’re interested, please send a letter of motivation spelling out your vision for the future of the journal, together with a short CV, to before 31 October 2018.