Thursday, 09 September 2021

Dye Hard Press in the Cape

 


A Facebook post by René Bohnen: I have come to love all couriers. Today's delight from Dye Hard Press. I had to start with the darling tiny chapbook. Gems in there! I still maintain that Gary Cummiskey comes up with some of the most brilliant titles: Outside the cave (conjuring up all sorts of intertextual images) and Thunder on the highway. I still have all the A4 size collections from those long-ago Braamfontein days too: I think the first one I got was When Apollinaire died. [a chapbook published by Gus Ferguson's Firfield Press]. I attended an Alan Finlay launch a few years ago somewhere in Queen Street, I think (it was pushing from the riverbank) Now happily reading these poets again! Also looking forward to the novel set in 1990's Yeoville.


No comments: