Friday, 19 September 2014

Gary Cummiskey: a dada-surrealist-madhouse screamer

In the Weekly Dissident today, MPHUTLANE WA BOFELO talks to poet Gary Cummiskey, a self described “Dada-surrealist-madhouse screamer” who believes South Africa needs a stronger alternative culture.
Gary Cummiskey
Gary Cummiskey
MwB: Who is Gary Cummiskey and what is his philosophy of life?
GC: I am a poet, writer and publisher. I have had several chapbooks of poetry published over the past 20 years, the most recent being Romancing the Dead (Tearoom Books, Stockholm, 2010), Sky Dreaming (Graffiti Kolkata, Kolkata, 2012) and I Remain Indoors (Tearoom Books, Stockholm, 2013).
My debut collection of short stories, Off-ramp, was published in 2013. My poems have been translated into Bangla, French and Greek.  I am currently the editor of the poetry journal New Coin, which is published by the Institute for the Study of English in Africa at Rhodes University...Read more here

No comments: